Friday, March 20, 2009

Page 1- - weaving - The Book Thief Page


This was reccomended by another gal in our yahoo group. This is a weaving of the book page with a message.

(sorry about the glare). She said it is a great way for a person to vent feelings and put a secret message into their book.

I cut the right page into the spine... then I cut a page of red paper the same size as the page. It actually needs to be about a 1/2 in or so smaller because I ended up with one red strip that wouldn't fit.

I wrote my message, cut it up, mixed it up and then wove it into the black painted pages. It was a bit difficult to get them all nice and tight, but I like the end effect. (this might be fun with a picture) you can see my words but there is no way you can figure out what it says. What I wrote was feelings about the book mentioned on the left page. This is the book that inspired this entire journey into making altered books.

No comments:

Post a Comment